My research group has two main interests: the first one is to find new optical ways to guide light to obtain a desired illumination. The solution consists of a combination of free form optical device (mirrors/lens) and of scattering . Our method is based simultaneously on wave optics and on geometrical optics. It exploits the advantage of neural networks to find solutions for problems such as light post illumination or car’s head light.
Our second interest is based on Terahertz imaging. We are investigating the potential of using Terahertz wave for safe inspection of plastic, composite, paint drying and aging. The large bandwidth, good penetration and safe use of this particular band makes it a good candidate. We also designing novel optical elements at these frequencies with metamaterials, mainly for space applications.
- Light control for illumination
- THz imaging and spectroscopy
- Scattering of nano particules and nano grating
- Metametarials and Hyperbolic metamaterials
- Artificial Intelligence for wave/geometrical optics
- Near Field and Far Field imaging at Terahertz frequencies
Models and equipment:
- Near and Far Field THz time domain Spectroscopy
- Visible- NIR Spectroscopy
- Illumination measurement set-up